Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hi,

I'm new to this and don't have an actual blog, but I'm knitting my first Hanne kit -- Ballerina #14 -- and have a Mermaid #5 waiting in the wings.

Almost from the start I've run into problems, maybe because I've never made anything all in garter stitch before.

Is there anyone who completed a Ballerina who can answer my question?

Where it first talks about increases, it says "inc number of sts along lower edge, first time on 5th ridge: M1 inside the 4 outermost sts by lifting the strand between sts onto left ndl and then k into its back loop." I was going to M1 on Row 1 of the 5th ridge, but if I do so and twist the lifted loop, the increase will slant to the left, not toward the bottom edge of the sweater. If I lift the loop without twisting, it will leave a hole. My inclination is to lift the loop, twisting it, but knitting into the front. What did you do?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Karen

1 comment:

Ana said...

I twisted and let it slant and it looks fine.