I'm quite happy how the jacket came out:
Size is perfect, just the lenght could be 1" more - but I'm quite confident that the Mermaid will grow. I knitted with the number of stitches for size M and the numbers of rows from size L, sleeves 5 stitches shorter than size M.
Summarized to the kit I can say:
- the material is of bad quality (related to the prize!)
- the pattern is written quite lousy - I miss at least some numbers in the schematic drawing
- Amy's sheet is great and helps a lot!
- knitting was fun and thrilling (will the size come out correctly?!)
- I learnt a lot - this i-cord edging is really great!
- I will knit one more Mermaid, using sock yarn or Alpaca yarn.
In general I like the architectonical knitting style of Hanne Falkenberg. I already knitted a baby sweater this week (comparable to "Ludo"), no pic from this because it wasn't enough yarn and I had to rib it. One of my next projects will be a "Ludo" for me knitted from a wonderful Fleece Artist yarn combined with Alpaca yarn.... this will be a lieghtweight, soft dream.