Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So thankful!!

Thanks for letting me join.

I am doing the mermaid sweater or I will be once I hopefully get my pattern replace. This was the 2nd try at the sweater. I was recently on my way to my Mom's to show her the progress on my Son's sweater so I packed up my knitting bag and my binder...got to my Mom's and only took the bag in. Had a very nice visit with my Mom...went to leave....and OMG my car had been stolen along with my knitting binder. I am sure the binder is not what they wanted but that was one of my first thoughts....OMG I will never be able to replace the patterns that I had in that binder......the car can be replace but MY BINDER!!! So I have contacted the vendor that sold the kit to me and hopefully I will get a response...I need to get the pattern replaced so I can continue this sweater...so keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Krista

Knitalong moderator note: All, please remember that the Hannealong is not the appropriate site to give anyone a pattern. Although I'm sure we sympathize with the situation of many who need/want a copy of the pattern without the kit for whatever reason, whether it's a story such as the above or allergies to wool or anything else, unfortunately we cannot allow that here for legal reasons. I have advised Krista to contact her vendor as they will have proof of her purchase. Thanks for keeping the Hannealong legal so that it may continue to be a resource to many!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. A stolen car is terrible in the way that you have to go through a lot of hassle before all the paperwork is done. But stolen patterns..... Seems like a horror story to me. Maybe we can be of some help replacing them ? Or else place a post on the messageboard at the TKGA site. They are all very helpfull over there. Just tell us what you need.

Delana said...

Question for you Krista. If this will be your second try at the Mermaid sweater, and you had some of it knit already, why did you comment on my Ravelry project yesterday saying you had never seen this pattern before and asking where you could get it? Wouldn't be trying to get around Hanne Falkenberg's copyrights would you??

Happymomma2448 said...

I didnt realize that this was the same sweater...I guess I didnt read enough....I have not made the actual sweater...what I meant to say is this my 2nd attempt...I frogged it after the 1st attempt and was attempting it again

Happymomma2448 said...

Thanks Marja....I am part of a local knitting group and I am sure that I will be able to replace most of the patterns that I have lost....if there is any I belong to some very wonderful yahoo groups that I am sure will be able to help

Anonymous said...

Im just starting my mermaid kid and already have an idiot question. When you decrease according to the number of "ridges" in color A, does that mean the number of ridges on one or both sides. For example, if the instructions say decrease after the sixth ridge, does that mean after six or twelve actual rows? Help?!