Thursday, October 01, 2009

Finished



Complete, but not exactly like the original pattern. I swapped out colours since the m*ths had eaten enough of what I had that I pitched the whole mess.

Not liking to sew things together, this became an exercise in EZ origami. That first row was almost 1000 stitches long, but it got easier every row. Knitting back and forth across the upper back turned out to be a non-issue. I shorted the sleeves since I was both going out of my mind with boredom and I never fold up sleeves anyway.

4 comments:

lookinout said...

That looks great. I don't think it's one I'd ever try, considering my shape.
Gillian

...e... said...

just pulled the one i made two years ago, to wear yesterday for the first time of the season but found that moths ate it, too. i'm giving up on this wool, it's just not made for america, i guess.

knitting fool said...

Lovely!

Holly said...

thanks everyone.

It is a really easy knit, just needs patience and a whole pile of stitch markers.