Sunday, August 20, 2006

New knitalong member

Hello, I am a very new knitalong participant, and a new knitter (actually I'm on my second try at knitting so I have knitted in the past but not for some years after having a stroke so it's like being a first time knitter again!) So why begin with a Hanne Falkenberg project since they are not the easiest of designs..... well I need to be interested enough to keep going and I love her style. I have so far begun Stella, a beret style hat, which itself looks complicated enough and my plan is to make that then progress to the Mermaid and Pygmalian jackets. I have been following all the posts about the Mermaid Has anyone made the Pygmalian jacket, is it knitted Domino style ? Your mermaid jackets all look wonderful, I love seeing the different colours and how the knitters look modelling them. I've begun a blog http://dropped-stitches.blogspot.com/ to record my venture into knitting and hope to post pictures of my work as it develops.

1 comment:

فرانسيس said...

Welcome, and good luck. Someone on this blog once wrote that the trick to these garments is to enjoy the knitting rather than focus on the end (since it's a long way off). Just keep knitting, you will get there. I think it's great to jump into this project. When I started knitting I liked it well enough, but it was not until I knitted my first cardigan that I was really hooked.