Thursday, November 29, 2007

Promenade colourway #7


I am about 10 days into knitting Promenade. I haven't had a huge amount of time to knit but thought I'd show you my progress so far. The colours don't show up particularly well - taken with a flash under electric light so what do I expect?! This version is in colourway #7 - red, tomato, orange, fuchsia and cyclamen. It's very beautiful. I've finished the first repeat of the colour pattern on the back and am about three ridges into the second repeat of the pattern. I wasn't sure whether I'd love the colour combination - some of the colours are a bit on the warm side for my winter colouring - but I do. So far, it's easy knitting which is made exciting by seeing how the blocks and stripes of colour come together to make a stunning whole. I'm once again bowled over by the design talents of Hanne Falkenberg. Having completed mermaid earlier in the year, this is so far much more straightforward to follow (let's hope I don't speak too soon...) Any you know what? Having taken some time out to use up some of my stash, it's wonderful to be able to indulge myself with another HF project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work and colorway. You've inspired me to ask for another kit for a Christmas gift. Nice to have such a simple stitch create such a lovely item.

Anonymous said...

I made this very same sweater in the exact same color. It took me about 3-4 years to complete, but then, I was knitting many other things as well. I have had zillions of compliments every time I have worn this sweater. Keep up the good work, you will be so happy with the finished produce. I am presently working on a Lastrada, and it is fun too.