Friday, February 24, 2006

Hi, Everyone and...break it to me gently......

Hi, Everyone!

My name is Jeannine from Southern California and I'm really glad that I found this group. I LOVE the Hanne Falkenberg designs, but am very, very intimidated about even thinking about knitting one of her designs. With that said, I cannot stop thinking about it. I keep coming back to the website, doing searches for photos of finished pieces and I am obsessed. What I really want to know is: What level of knitter *should* one be to tackle a Hanne? I know anyone can try, but I am afraid of starting and being so overwhelmed, that I never finish it. How bad is it, really? I am not a beginner-beginner, but I am not advanced, either. Right in the middle. Also, I am loving the Diva design, but it seems like Mermaid is most popular. I probably should start the design that everyone else is making, then I can have lots of help. Hmmm......don't I sound obsessed?? I love all the posts and photos on this site. I am amazed at all the beautiful work here. It gives me a glimmer of hope that one day I, too, will have a Hanne on my back!

3 comments:

MissLucy said...

I consider myself an intermediate knitter, and I have knitted two Falkenberg designs, and I find them very easy. But it's important to read the pattern thoroughly.

Anonymous said...

The actual knitting skills required are quite simole, but reading the pattern is something else as they are bare bones. Amy's chart gave me the impetus to do my Mermaid. I also have other kits including Diva which I feel I can now tackle and will chart line by line. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Go Diva! Go Diva! I am waiting for my mailperson to deliver the Diva 10 kit. Would be great to have a fellow Diva to knit along with.