Monday, October 09, 2006

Almost there...

I've been following along on this knitalong for quite some time now but have yet to post. I just finished up the body of my Mermaid--it took me forever to do the first half but once I got the hang of the pattern (and devoted more time to it!) the second half went much faster.

mermaid body flat
I did a provisional cast on since several people on here recommended it, and I'm glad that I did. Much easier for me to do two icord bind offs than pick up all those stitches!

5 comments:

fiberfanatic said...

Looking great! My plan is to sew the collar together and then do one LONG i-cord bindoff. No visible seam in the i-cord. Thoughts?

Ana Petrova said...

Wow, that is going to look great! Good job!

Meredith said...

Thanks! And that's a good idea about sewing the collar before binding off--I didn't think about that.

HPNY KNITS said...

its fantastic! thanks for the tip!

Denise/CT said...

I love this color combination. Bravo to you. Keep it up. It looks great!