Friday, October 13, 2006

Beginner Mermaid

Greetings from Chicago! I'm finally getting started on the Mermaid kit I purchased at Stitches Midwest this past August.

Although I've been knitting for several years and have been proficient in knitting lace, cables, and socks, I haven't been very successful with colorwork. I know Mermaid doesn't involve any fancy colorwork, but I am getting a bit nervous as I approach the first stripes.

Finding this KAL has already been a big help as I picked up lots of tips from those of you who have already been working away. I started with a provisional cast on instead of the iCord. And, I'm immensely grateful to Amy for creating such a detailed spreadsheet of the instructions. The spreadsheet is making it a breeze to work on Mermaid!

No photos yet, since there isn't really much to show. But I will post my progress here and on my personal blog as my work progresses.

I hope I can finish my Mermaid before the end of winter!

Linda

No comments: