Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mermaid Body

I've finished with the main part of the body of my Mermaid. Still need to sew it together and do the i-cord finish. It is drying on the floor in the kitchen at the moment. I even washed it with the knitting needle in, holding all of the stitches!

I tried sewing up a shoulder last night, and wasn't happy with the results. I'm going to check the archives for hints. I think Ms. Falkenberg has the slipped stitch edge at the shoulder to make a firmer fabric, but it doesn't seem to lead to easier sewing!

As you can see, I got it sewed up, I used my handy dandy sewing machine. Think it looks pretty good.

After lots of talking with a friend, I've decided to do the sleeves in the C color, with A or B for the center stripe. The center stripe hasn't been decided yet. My main reason is that the A yarn, while it is wonderful after washing, resembles cotton while knitting. It doesn't knit as easily as the wool. I really struggled to get through the last band. Part of it was the "I'm almost done, why am I not FINISHED!" feeling, but part was fighting with the needle and yarn.

No comments: