Monday, April 09, 2007

Mermaid 8 - the hot pink one







Here are some photos of my part-completed Mermaid in colourway 8 - cyclamen, brick red and thunder blue. I think the top one is more accurate in terms of colour but neither really does them justice. They are gorgeous!
Thanks to Amy and her wonderful spreadsheet, this has been remarkably straightforward so far. I made sure my tension was correct - not something I have always been rigorous about in the past, I admit. This time, I didn't want to risk it.

As you can see, I have nearly finished the body. Just need to do the sleeves and the i-cords. I have opted for Amy's idea of a provisional cast on which I will undo in order to make the two i-cords match. But I'll be saving that for a day when it isn't school holidays and I can have some peace and quiet!!! It's not always easy doing something like that with a 6 year old boy and a nearly 4 year old girl bouncing around me, asking lots of questions...

4 comments:

Deah said...

Congratulations on your progress with the Mermaid. Those colors are striking. Looking forward to seeing a picture someday :-)

fiberfanatic said...

Looks great!

weaverknits said...

So lovely. Each time I see a colorway new to me I think I'll need one of each (eventually. If I can finish the first one).

Petunia Honeysuckle said...

Gosh that's gorgeous! Yours is one of the colorways I considered, I should have gone with that one!! I have the orange/ red/ pink colorway which is also stunning.

Good work :)