Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Ballerina Help

Hello Ballerina knitters. Can someone please help me with the pattern symbols? On side 3(noted at bottom of pattern page) column 1 about halfway down, there are some strange symbols which I can't figure out and I have searched everywhere for an explanation. After it says At The Same Time.........it ends with Work 1 ridge-then work short rows to make sleeve slant towards raglan seam (6) to (8) -Then there is the first symbol. The second symbol appears after Ridge 2 . Then I see another one of these symbols at the top of the next column-almost looks like 4 $ signs. What are these crazy symbols? I am going crazy trying to figure them out.

2 comments:

amy! said...

They're place markers in the pattern. In other places she uses squares and triangles. Later on, she will say something like "repeat from $$ to $$$". And you go and find that part of the pattern and repeat the section between those symbols.

Anonymous said...

You're a genius. I feel so stupid, Amy. Again, my thanks for sending the spreadsheet. I think of your kindness daily.I know you are busy now, but I'll look forward to receiving the last part when time allows. We are all very grateful to you.