Sunday, January 07, 2007

Tweedie!

Tweedie-Kit

As a part of this year's goal to knit no less than 9 sweaters, I am trying to start off on a high note and begin with another Hanne Falkenberg design. I ordered and received this kit from Kangaroo, and despite a bit of a mix-up (the kit is missing a colour so I'm waiting for them the ship it to me separately) I am thrilled with the colours and pattern so far. I've had a bit of a read through and the pattern seems relatively straight-forward, and knit on rather large needles for a Hanne design too! I can't wait to really get started on it!

5 comments:

Denise/CT said...

Oh, what pretty colors. You'll have to post pictures once you get started. Now just how large are those needles?

Anonymous said...

4mm for Tweedie, vs. the 2.5mm needles I knit my Mermaid with!

Cheryl said...

Oh boy, will you need help holding those big needles? LOL I love that sweater and yur colors are glorious

Nancy said...

I just received my Tweedie kit from Kangaroo today. A couple of confusing things in the directions, which I think will be resolved as I knit. I can't decide whether to make this my next project (I'll finish a sweater this eekend, so I'll need to decide quickly).

So, how's it going so far?

Petunia Honeysuckle said...

Your kit is awesome, I wanted that one as well, but there are only so many things I can do with 2 hands! Please post pictures I'd love to see how Tweedie is evolving.