Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Diva and Mermaid

Hello! I am Jules and am joining in with 2 kits: Diva 7 and Mermaid 9.

I wanted to knit Diva for many months but felt I should wait until some WIPs were finished. That was plain torture so I gave in and ordered both kits on New Year's Eve.

Here's the beginning of Diva which is coming along after a few false starts. The needles are 3mm Addis, and I was able to achieve proper gauge by knitting slightly looser than normal, I am a tight knitter who consciously loosens up, as it is easier on the wrists.

I'll be posting progress and asking questions!

Jules.

5 comments:

tammy said...

Oh! The colours of that Diva are gorgeous! I can't wait to see it progress.

Linda said...

I love the oranges in your Mermaid. I also admire your amibition to knit both of those. I've started a Studio Short and am already feeling like it will never get done! Days of knitting and only inches to show for it!
Linda

Petunia Honeysuckle said...

Thanks!! I love-love-LOVE both kits, choosing the Diva colorway was instantaneous but choosing Mermaid was excruciatingly hard. I could only afford to purchase 2 kits [but wanted 4] so I picked the 2 colors I couldn't live without. Knitting Diva is much faster than anticipated on 3mm needles, perhaps because it's longed-for and I feel excited about it :) There is more progress to show, I must scavenge batteries for the camera.

Cheryl said...

I am crazy about that Mermaid color combo, I NEED to make more than one....

Anonymous said...

woohoo, another Diva! welcome to the gang. I'm knitting Diva in purple and aubergine, but somewhere halfway through sleeve #1 two Clapoti suddenly happened, so I'm a bit delayed. do not hesitate to post questions though, you've come to the right place.