Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lastrada help

Hello everyone,
I am a new member of the Hanne knitalong. I am currently working on the Lastrada and I have a question regarding the neckband decreases. The pattern states: knit until 1 stitch before the corner stitch, slip 2 stitches together knitwise, knit 1 stitch, pass the 2 slipped stitches over the knit stitch. What happens to the stitch marker? It seems to me that it would be caught in the middle of the slipped stitches?
Thank you for you help!
Cheers, Carolyn

2 comments:

Denise/CT said...

Wow, it's been awhile since I knit this, but if I remember correctly it IS in the center. After all you want the diagonal of the "corner" to be where the stitch marker is. I moved mine to the right to signal me that the decrease was coming up. You can move your where you think you'll need it on the next row to alert you to the upcoming decrease for the angle of the corner to continue on the following row. Keep going, your almost there!
Denise/CT

Anonymous said...

Hi Care...hope Denise's answer is of help to you...it makes sense to me....Mom