Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Another Mermaid

My project is going to be mermaid, in colour 7, like everyone else ;-)
It was a Christmas present from my parents. I have wanted to knit mermaid ever since I saw the kit in my alma mater LYS about 9 months, but decided to finish up some other projects including Great American Aran Afghan first. I started the previous weekend and this is my progress so far.

It is my second Hanne Falkenberg project, but not the last. The first was dacapo in plum, blueberry and black, purchased from Sommerfuglen, Denmark. Pictures can be seen here (scroll down to mid Feb). The strange language is Danish, yep I am from the land of thousands knitting designers ;-) but live on Long Island, NY for now.

3 comments:

Patty in AZ said...

I love your progress. I am doing Decapo in the same colors you used. It is wonderful. I can't wait to finish it and start another HF.

Jeannine said...

Your Mermaid looks great. I am jealous. I keep messing up(dropping a stitch, etc.) and have ripped back rows a few times. I feel like I am never going to get any further. I think it's that I have been so busy and have not had sufficient UNINTERRUPTED knitting time. Kids, dogs, husband, work....they are standing between me and my Mermaid! LOL....oh well, I am going to try to carve out some zen moments this weekend and really make some progress. I am enjoying the knitting very much, though.

Linda said...

Hehe
så lige fotoet og skulle lige til at råbe: hov, det er såguda tyvstjålet fra strikkeforskeren. Det var der så en grund til...