Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A Tardy Hello


How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.
--Fred Brooks

My name is Patricia, I live in Florida and I signed up with Becky almost at the beginning of this Knitalong. I am very tardy in introducing myself and my project, DaCapo.

My kit, from Denmark, arrived mid autumn 2005 and it sat there looking pretty in its sparse packaging for a few months before I worked up the courage to begin. This is my first grand project. I have since cast on and barring a few mistakes the jacket is looking pretty good. I am knitting the larger size with the shorter sleeves. I hope that it will not be too big. I had read another’s post somewhere in cyberspace that the jacket runs on the large side. The suggestion was made to wash and slightly felt to achieve a better fit. I shudder at this prospect. As I knit, I hope that I chose correctly and am not making a jacket that will hang in my closet unworn. I’m sure this is every knitter’s nightmare.
I am almost finished with the back. It has been slow going, what with the small needle size and the many other projects on ones needles. So far I am enjoying the process and hope to finish in time for the next Florida cold snap.

2 comments:

Patty in AZ said...

Hello Patricia from another Patricia (aka Patty). I am doing Decapo too and from the looks of your we are pretty close to the same point. I know what you mean about slow. I made lots of mistakes in the early days and put it away for more than a year. This group motivated me to bring it back out. Will enjoy seeing your progress.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those colors are gorgeous! can't wait to see your progress.