Saturday, January 28, 2006

1/2 Ballerina

My Ballerina is halfway done! I am knitting the large size, but with shorter sleeves. There is a point in the instructions where it is clearly stated where you can reduce the armlength, so I thought the changed numbers would affect the sleeve alone, but it does affect the number of stitches you get when you go from the sleeve to the back too. But the discrepancy is only 4 or 5 stitches so I have decided not to worry about it.

I also made a stupid mistake when I started the sleeve, and continued the increases for too long, so I had to frog the sleeve and start again.

6 comments:

Maus said...

That looks beautiful so far! Great going and thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

The colors are gorgeous, you're almost done-woohoo. That's what I tell myself past the 1/2 way mark keeps the enthusiasm going!

Anonymous said...

Looks great. Can you tell me what size needle you are using. I have my Ballerina on order and I was thinking of going in on the Addi coop at yahoo group yarncoop where they are getting Addis for half price.

MissLucy said...

The pattern calls for 3 mm needles, but I am a loose knitter so I am using 2.5 mm needles for this one.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I will start working on my Ballerina instead of Toyoko,I have had plenty of trouble with unclear directions.

lv2knit said...

Re: Ballerina: I think Hanne designed this pattern before Mermaid. She made some improvements in the sleeve logistics when she got to Mermaid: She has you cast on all the sleeve sts at once and then work them using short rows. It makes more sense and would make a smoother edge along the sleeve. Have any of you adapted Ballerina to use this method or heard of someone who has?