Monday, January 23, 2006

My Introduction

Hi all, another Mermaid knitter here! I started back in November, but then got sidetracked by some holiday knitting and a sexy pair of Jaywalkers. I have managed to finish the body and one sleeve, in Colourway #5, a black-grey-blue combo. I am really enjoying this project, it is by far the most complicated and difficult pattern I have ever attempted, but it is seriously addictive! I can definitely see a few more Hanne Falkenberg patterns in my future. Now if only they didn't take me 3+ months to knit. Next I hope I will be able to bring myself to knit some of the really beautiful blazing colourways like the rest of you ;)

The Body
Mermaid-Body-DONE.jpg

Sleeve 1
Mermaid-Sleeve-DONE.jpg

(Click either pic for a gallery of my Mermaid pics)

4 comments:

amy! said...

That looks fantastic! And huge! How big is it?

Not An Artist said...

Its the largest size, since I am a big girl ;) On the other hand, I can reassure anyone with doubts about running out of yarn... I just weighed my sleeve and the remaining yarn I have is more than enough to finish. Very generous yarn amounts in the kit.

Not An Artist said...

It is hard to say -- the body seems a bit big, but with the flare it is tough to judge. I do think the sleeves will be a bit large, the cuff is almost double what I would have thought necessary.

Anonymous said...

you did that in 3 months? Mine is gonna take me 3 years probably.
Beautiful!!