Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Hi

Hello :)

I cast-on Corona last night, and found this KAL via wendyknits this morning - thanks Becky, for setting this up!

I don't know how the instructions are for the other kits, but in the ones for Corona, it reads as if the tension aimed for is what you get before washing, which is unusual. What does everyone else think?

I have cast on with the suggested size needle, and will wash it when I have done a few inches or so, see how it reacts. Single stranded, on a 3.5mm needlem the stitches are very 'lacey' - perhaps the wool really blooms?

1 comment:

lv2knit said...

I believe the gauge is to be achieved before washing. I am making Mermaid and went up one needle size to get the correct gauge (3.25mm instead of 3mm). On my Tokyo jacket, I had to use a US 7 when the pattern called for a US 4! When you work to gauge the fabric should look OK. I would have liked knitting Tokyo at a firmer tension, but did not to make sure I had enough yarn.