Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I just started Mermaid (grays and pink) but am having problems with the directions. Has anyone started this yet? The instructions have decreases along the collar and the neck but the number of ridges in the pattern are too few to accomodate the decreases for the size large.

For those making the DeCapo the jacket runs large so be careful about measuring yourself before you cast on. I finished mine several years ago and haven't worn it because it is too large (I did have thoughts about a slight shrinking/felting but chickened out).

Holly in CT

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making Mermaid in large and have not had that problem. I am almost halfway through the back. All I can suggest, is read the directions VERY carefully, and then read them again and again!!!

amy! said...

Hmm, I wonder if Mermaid runs large. I'm about half-way between medium and large. Not sure which size to make.

Becky said...

Holly, thanks for the heads up about the sizing. As for your Decapo, if you're never going to wear it, why not see if you can shrink it a tad - especially if it is big all over? Just go very slowly, stopping to check it every 5 minutes so you don't overdo it. It seems a waste to work so hard and not get any use out of it.

Anonymous said...

I am making the largest size. It is identical in dimensions to a store-bought fitted "boiled wool" jacket that is a size XL (my real size), so I am thrilled that it will fit me. I am 5'11" so I am lengthening it 1" and will also lengthen the sleeves 2". It looks like I will have enough yarn so far, though I think "B" is EXTREMELY skimpy. I will not be using the second ball of C at all, and I am almost out of B.