Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ballerina spreadsheet again

Upon closer inspection, I think I've figured out why my 3 edge stitches aren't working after Row 943 (Back section). The k1, s2-p wyib that you do at the beginning of the row is missing. Am I correct and can someone who has made this successfully please tell me on which Row I need to begin doing this? Would it be on Row 943 with color B? I am quite certain that everyone figured this out-no doubt you are all more experienced than I, but just in case some of you are novices like me, we need to spell it out so no confusion occurs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Throughout the pattern -- except for the sleeves -- the 3 stitch edge is maintained. You are correct that the instructions should read k 1 slip 2 with yarn in back. This mistake is also made in the gussets which are one color. Even then to maintain the proper tension the alternate instructions apply to the 3 edge stitches which form the base of the back and front. Whatever your main color is (mine was a red) is the color that is carried so that when there are stripes the one color forms the edge. I hope this helps.

sherri said...

It helps tremendously and I am soo grateful to you. I figured it was just a typo, but I nearly drove myself crazy.I imagine Amy will correct the spreadsheet at some point. No doubt she is busy. I would be thrilled if you would send me your grid. My e-mail is spreider@aol.com

It really helps to have wonderful knitters like you who are so willing to help and share. I can not thank you enough for your reply.