Sunday, September 16, 2007

Help with Ballerina

I have just started row 947 on Amy's Ballerina spreadsheet-the back, and something is amiss. The edge is not correct. I am using black and camel, the black is color A. Normally, I have a great edge in the black the enitre way around, but I fear the directions are incorrect because I don't have my edge any more. Am I not supposed to sl2-pWYIF, k1? Can someone help me before I go any further? I wonder if there is a pattern error. I need help in the worst way, PLEASE>

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sherri- I'm working off the spreadsheets, too--and I just looked at my pattern to see that there isn't the "k1,s2p with yarn in back" to make that edge, but I think it's just a typo. I didn't pay attention, and just made the bottom like always with the stripes, not paying attention....I'm sure it's supposed to look the same as the other side...
Hope this helps
Cheers- Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

I'm still confused. Where do you think there's a typo? I see that row 944 has you K to last 3 st, sl2 p wyif, k1. row 946 says yo, k to last 3 st, p2, k1. Can you walk me through. My edge is just not right. UGH.

Unknown said...

Sherri, you are correct that there is a mistake with the 3 edge stitches in this section of the pattern. the 3 edge stitches for the stripe with the main color should be k on the right side; on the wrong side the last 3 stitches are p 2 k 1. The edge stitches on the next ridge should be, k 1 slip two as if to knit with yarn in back on the right side and on the wrong side, slip as to purl the two stitches with the yarn in front, k1. This way you are always carrying the main color. But it is also important to maintain the edging when only one color is used so the look will be the same. I hope this is helpful and not confusing